The Healthy Kids Community Challenge in Leeds and Grenville have announced the winners of the Veggies n’ Fruit Community Boost Initiative.
According to officials at Healthy Kids Community Challenge this initiative is designed to engage the third theme of their challenge; choose to boost veggies and fruits. Around $55,000 has been awarded across Leeds and Grenville so that recipients can; create supportive environments for healthy eating and community based projects that encourage children to make vegetables and fruits part of every meal or snack.
The following 13 groups received funding through the initiative:
- Youth Employment Assistance Headquarters
- Brockville and District Association for Community Involvement
- Rideau Lakes Public Library
- Developmental Services Leeds and Grenville
- Académie catholique Ange-Gabriel
- Pineview Public School
- Leeds and Thousand Islands Public Library
- Rideau Vista Public School
- Cardinal Youth Centre
- Sweet’s Corners School Parent Advisory Council
- Brockville Public Library
- Township of Leeds and Thousand Islands
- Meadowview Public School
Leeds and Grenville is one of 45 communities across Ontario taking part in the Healthy Kids Community Challenge and the money for the project was provided by the Ontario government. To learn more about the Veggies n’ Fruit Community Boost Initiative and the Healthy Kids Community Challenge, please visit www.healthykidslg.ca.