Multiples charges after vehicle leaves scene of collision in Prescott
Edward Street South in Prescott. (Courtney Crowder)
Update: The driver of the accompanying vehicle was a 48-year-old from Collingwood.
Leeds County and Grenville Detachment OPP officers have located and charged a driver after a vehicle failed to remain at the scene of a collision.
Last night, around 5:30, Grenville officers responded to a single vehicle collision near Water Street and Edward Street in Prescott. Police say a crane was observed striking a power line, trees and posts surrounding the water fountain and fleeing the area. The crane operator drove westbound on Highway 401, near Brockville, followed by an accompanying vehicle. Both vehicles were stopped by police for investigation.
A 62-year-old from Collingwood, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Operation while impaired -Criminal Code
Under the Highway Traffic Act:
- Fail to remain
- Drive motor vehicle , no plate
- Drive motor vehicle, not equipped with an ignition interlock device
- Fail to keep log book
- Drive commercial motor vehicle – no valid CVOR certificate
- Driver commercial motor vehicle – improper license
The company was charged with:
- Permit person with improper license to driver commercial motor vehicle
- Permit operation of vehicle with air brakes- no endorsement on license
- Permit person to drive commercial motor vehicle not in accordance with the regulations
- Operate commercial motor vehicle – no valid CVOR certificate
The driver of the accompanying vehicle was charged under the Highway Traffic Act with:
- Class G1 licence holder – drive on prohibited highway
- Class G1 licence holder – unaccompanied by qualified driver
- Class G1 licence holder
- Novice driver – B.A.C above zero
The accused was released and is scheduled to appear in Brockville court at a future date.