OPP seize weapon and drugs in Augusta Township
OPP have seized a weapon and drugs at a residence in Augusta Township. (Supplied by OPP)
The OPP East Region Community Street Crime Unit and Grenville County OPP have arrested three people and seized a firearm in Augusta Township.
The OPP say yesterday, as part of an ongoing investigation, members of the Street Crime Unit, assisted by members of the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit , OPP Emergency Response Team and Grenville County Detachment executed a search warrant at a residence on Meadowview Drive. Officers arrested three people and seized a sawed-off shotgun, ammunition, suspected crystal methamphetamine, and other items associated with drug trafficking.
A 35-year old from Augusta Township has been charged with:
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Careless storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded, Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm knowing the serial number has been tampered with
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of Firearm
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of Trafficking -Methamphetamine
The accused is in custody and is scheduled to appear by video at Brockville court at a later date.
A 31-year-old of Perth is charged with:
- Fail To Comply with Undertaking – three counts
A 29-year-old from Brockville has been charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine – two counts
Police say both people were released at the scene but are scheduled to appear at Brockville court at a later date.