Listen Live
HomeNewsAugusta family loses home to fire

Augusta family loses home to fire

Fire took a family home in Augusta yesterday. It happened Thursday morning just east of Charleville Road. Augusta Fire Chief Rob Bowman says a passer-by saw the smoke and called it in. The house was fully engulfed in flames by the time fire crews from Augusta and Edwardsburgh/Cardinal arrived on the scene.

No one was home at the time of the fire, although fire fighters say a small dog was lost in the blaze. Reports say the smoke could be seen as far away as Brockville. The family of four will be living with a neighbour and receiving assistance until their insurance comes through.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading