The community of Athens has come together to support victims of a fire that happened on Monday. Fire officials believe faulty electrical wiring is to blame for the blaze that took the town’s only barber shop. Blair Chant has operated the business for nearly fifty years.
The fire destroyed the building that housed the business, along with two rental units. Barbers from Smiths Falls and Brockville have offered Chant supplies and he says he could set up a new shop in another storefront in town. But for now, he says he will take some time to consider his options, including a possible rebuild.