The Brockville Fire Department is being commended for preventing disaster.
Brockville Police say they were responding to a fire alarm on Tuesday with the fire department at a Hubbell Street residence when the incident occurred. After knocking on the door and not receiving a response the firefighters forced their way into the apartment and located an unconscious female.
Emergency responders woke the woman and took her to Brockville General Hospital, but she did not sustain any injuries. Police say the fire was caused by food being left on the stove.